Here is Part 2 of our Q&A with our Maitre D’, Lorraine Elaydo
1. What is your name & how long have you worked at LaSalle Park? My name is Lorraine and I’ve been with LaSalle for over 6 years.
2. What do you enjoy most about working at LaSalle? There is no dull moment at LaSalle. I find humour in all situations and try to make the best of it. Everyone can find something to laugh about, and it’s important to me to not just work but have fun. It’s a fun place to be in.
3. Are you married and/or do you have any children? I have been married for 18 years as of this September. I have three beautiful children. 15, 14, and 13. All of my children are a year apart and all born in February. Two of my children, the youngest and eldest share the same birthday!
4. Have you travelled? If so, where and which place is your favourite? We don’t travel much but we make the most of our time together by camping, the cottage, and beaches. I’d like to travel back home to the Philippines someday, it’s been over 20 years since I’ve been there.
5. What is your favourite Holiday and why? Christmas. We always have a big celebration, especially on Christmas Eve. The best part for us is the joy our children have when opening their gifts.
6. What do you like to do for fun? I love to shop with my kids! Most of the time though, it’s usually them leaving the mall with bags in their hands and none in mine! I also enjoy Korean films on Netflix.
7. What is your favourite meal of the day? I can usually skip breakfast, and skip lunch altogether. I’d say Dinner. Especially with my family.
8. What does customer service mean to you in the dining room? It means giving it your all and working hard. I will always give 120%. But it’s more than just serving. I am always glad to be able to chat with our residents, and listen to them sharing with me stories of their life.
9. What is your favourite memory at LaSalle? I think the Pandemic has brought us closer together than ever. I saw everyone working their hardest while making the best of the situation.
10. Can you share with us what you think is the most commonly ordered lunch menu item or the dessert? Cream of Tomato Soup! And the dessert would be a pie, either Strawberry or Apple. Can’t forget that scoop of ice cream either!