LaSalle Park Retirement Community
Reporting to the Executive Chef (or designate), the incumbent is responsible for preparing meals for our residents, using standardized recipes and prescribed diets, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring the quality and quantity of food supplies.
- Following established procedures for sanitation, safety, and quality assurance.
- Daily cleaning and dishwashing duties.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team members, suppliers, residents and families
- Adhere to legislated and Company standards, policies, procedures and practices.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Completion of a two year community college culinary course or equivalent.
- Previous experience in large quantity food preparation.
- Computer proficiency skills.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety and Public Health regulations.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Push, pull wheeled equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised on a regular basis.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs per day.
Hours of Work:
Note: shifts may be altered based on operational requirements.
Part-time hours: 20-29 per week