LaSalle Park Retirement Community
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and Head Housekeeper, the Housekeeper is responsible for performing cleaning, bed-making and laundry services. Duties include but are not limited to, monitoring quantity of cleaning supplies; safely operating housekeeping equipment and utilizing cleaning chemicals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Sort and separate items to be laundered in accordance with community laundering requirements
• Operate washing machines, dryers
• Hand iron and folds or hangs garments after laundering
• Transport laundered garments to appropriate floors
• Ensure proper identification of all personal clothing
• Maintain a clean work environment
• Maintain appropriate level of laundry supplies e.g. soap, bleach, fabric softener
• Observe all fire and safety rules and be on alert for the safety of the residents, staff and public
• Works in a safe manner which abides by Occupational Health and Safety policies
• Clean, mop, wax and polish floors; dust furniture and equipment; arrange furniture in an orderly fashion as directed
• Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
• Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with co-workers, suppliers, residents and families
• Adhere to legislated and Company standards, policies, procedures and practices.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Lift up to 40 lbs. and push/pull loads up to 50 lbs
• Walk and stand for periods of at least 4 hours per day
• Climb, bend and stretch for periods of at least 4 hours per day
WHO YOU ARE
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous housekeeping experience
• Strong command of the English language, both verbal and written
• Knowledgeable in Health and Safety and sanitation regulations
• Strong organizational skills Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire
• Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire
• Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to the Maintenance Manager. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, candidates who require accommodation throughout the application and/or selection processes may contact the Executive Director for assistance.
Part-time hours: 20-29 per week
All employees are required to pass screening upon entry to the building. Masks are required regardless of vaccination status at present. Due to the nature of our business and clientele, COVID vaccines are strongly encouraged for all employees.