*Increased wage plus bonus during Pandemic*
Under the supervision of the Director of Care (or designated RPN), and in accordance with Company policies, procedures and legislated standards, duties include but are not limited to completing all aspects of resident care as outlined in the Care plan and/or as assigned; transporting residents to and from their suites, recreational activities, nursing office and dining room as required; assisting with daily activities of living.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team, residents and families as well as external community resources.
- Demonstrate sound organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Graduate of a recognized (accredited) P.S.W. certificate program.
- Experienced in retirement living, geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care.
- Solid English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Use both hands and feet on a regular basis to perform physical assisting duties.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised for periods of time.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs. per day.
- Climb stairs, operate elevators, lift luggage and move small equipment and furniture.
Hours of Work/Shifts: 30-40 Weekly
Note: Shifts may be altered based on operational requirements.
Posting Date: May 13th, 2020
Application Deadline: June 13th, 2020
Employees interested in this position may forward a cover letter and/or resume to the Director of Care no later than the deadline noted above. All internal candidates will be contacted to discuss their application.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, candidates who require accommodation throughout the application and/or selection processes may contact the Executive Director for assistance.