Website LaSalle Park Retirement Community
We’re Signature Retirement Living, and we believe that enjoying life is what Vibrant Seniors Living should be all about. We hire outstanding people who truly care about seniors and understand their needs. We value our staff and believe in providing a culture that cultivates and celebrates success. We offer excellent benefits and perks, and a vibrant, fun, safe work environment and much more! As we continue to expand, we invite you to be a part of building a reputation that will stand the test of time. If you are passionate, creative, caring and energetic, we would like to hear from you!
Reporting to the Executive Chef, and under the direction of the Maitre d’ (where applicable) the Server will be responsible for serving the needs of the residents and guests to ensure a memorable dining experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Performing all aspects of dining service and resident functions such as teas and room service, including table/tray presentation, preparation and serving of beverages and accompaniments, serving of food and clearing of dining room, resident lounges, and trays
- General cleaning routines, including setting and cleaning tables and serving counters, dusting tables and chairs and vacuuming dining room floor.
- Assisting in the kitchen/dishwashing area as required.
- Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conducive to pleasant dining by creating an environment which maintains the respect, dignity and physical safety of each resident
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact with team members, residents, visitors and external service providers
- Adhere to Company and legislative policies and procedures, including health department sanitation requirements
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised on a regular basis.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs per day
- Climb stairs, operate elevators, lift and move small equipment.
WHO YOU ARE
- High School Diploma, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong verbal/written English communication skills.
- Previous restaurant/customer service experience required.
- Food Handler and Smart Serve certification an asset.
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety regulations.
- Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire
- Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to the Executive Chef at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, candidates who require accommodation throughout the application and/or selection processes may contact the Executive Director for assistance.