At LaSalle, we have two amazing Maitre D’s who go above and beyond to ensure all our residents feel special. We thought we’d meet with each one for a fun Q&A to share with you. We are so proud to have both Nadeesha and Lorraine with us and recognize their dedication and compassion. We appreciate all that you do for our residents!
1. What is your name & how long have you worked at LaSalle Park? I’m Nadeesha Perera and I’ve worked here for 5 years.
2. What do you enjoy most about working at LaSalle? Spending time with the residents, they make me happy. I’m also lucky to work with a fantastic team
3. Are you married and/or do you have any children? I am married and I have a beautiful daughter.
4. Have you travelled? If so, where and which place is your favourite? Italy and Germany. I loved the fresh seafood and exploring the tourist attractions like the Roman Colosseum. It left a lasting impression.
5. What is your favourite Holiday and why? Family Day because life gets to busy and it’s nice to dedicate a day to enjoy quality time together.
6. What do you like to do for fun? I enjoy baking and decorating cakes. I like to try new recipes and do something new.
7. What is your favourite meal of the day? Dinner, and my favourite is Chicken Curry with Rice and Green Vegetables.
8. What does customer service mean to you in the dining room? Customer service means making our residents feel welcome and satisfied with their experience. It’s important to me that they feel like they are home.
9. What is your favourite memory at LaSalle? It is hard to pick one specific memory, every day is special. When I was expecting my daughter, I felt home sick but all of the staff and residents made me feel loved with their company.
10. Can you share with us what you think is the most commonly ordered lunch menu item or the dessert? Resident love their pie, lemon or key lime.